[softwarelist] Re: OPW won't open DDL

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 00:09:00 +0000

Yesterday, I created an OPW document containing a series of JPEG images. The
images were reference, and saved in a subdirectory inside the directory
containing the OPW document.

Today, I changed the name of the directory. Understandably, OPW I couldn't view
the images inside the OPW file. So, I saved the file as DDL and edited the DDL
(picture references) with the new path name for the directory (using Notepad)
... and re-saved the DDL file. However, when I tried to open the DDL file with
OPW, I got "File format not supported". Is that supposed to happen?

If I set the directory name to what it was originally, I can open the original
OPW file and view the images. And when I save the file as DDL, OPW has no
problem recognizing the DDL file format.

What have I missed?
C.B.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.