[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 05:26:21 +0000 (GMT)

In article <47D319C2.9050106@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interestingly, I've just noticed that in Vista it's possible to change
> the user account type between "standard" and "administrator". However,
> even tho' I had my own named account set to "administrator" it still did
> not give me complete freedom to make changes. Only when I switched to
> the default Administrator account was I able to do this ... curious!

Apparently, there are two levels of administrator accounts in Vista, a bog
standard Admin access, and a higher level Admin access.

Can't remember the minutia now, did read it a while back and thought,
!$£%&*^()****??! and moved on.

Dave S

PS: The !$£%... Were some very rude words about Microsoft as it seems...
Initially the GUI was a great boon to ease use of a computer, since the
advent of Vista, the GUI., as now developed by MS., has become a
hinderance to that act.
Grumpmaster 7/10