[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 14:57:18 +0000

In message <47D2A410.9040203@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes

The font mapping settings seem to identical on the two computers. Font Manager is set to <ignore>. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

You misunderstand, or the font manager design is misleading.

There are three different sections of the font manager, one of those sections is called "ignore" i.e. fonts you want to ignore. Replace and Map are the other two sections of the font manager.

I suppose it should be a Windows "tabbed" dialogue and the radio buttons are a bit non-standard.

Anyway, what counts is if the "All xxxx active" buttons are ticked in the three sections and whatever data is entered in them.

I think by default there will be a whole load of map entries to cope with standard RISC OS fonts. For example the mapping from Trinity to Times Roman. If you've installed Trinity on your PC then there is no mapping, the document has Trinity in it. If you don't have Trinity then the font gets mapped to Times.