[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:57:06 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <47D30ACD.7010606@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
Thanks. That's the answer ... some files (e.g. the Lists.txt file in the Applets folder) are write-protected, unless you are logged on in Vista as Administrator.
That is interesting. I wonder if I should change the code so this problem does not arise.

I suspect some other applets will use a similar approach and so will also fail.

I guess an alternative would be to change the Windows user settings to give the user write access to the Applets folder.

Interestingly, I've just noticed that in Vista it's possible to change the user account type between "standard" and "administrator". However, even tho' I had my own named account set to "administrator" it still did not give me complete freedom to make changes. Only when I switched to the default Administrator account was I able to do this ... curious!

--
C.B.