[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:16:26 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <47D28A34.4040109@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
Scenario: OPW document on an external USB hard drive, which can be accessed from both my WinXP desktop and a WinVista laptop.

I don't understand, but there are two obvious points, firstly is the document in the same state in both cases - i.e. has it been edited before font list is applied. Secondly when the document is loaded if you get a message about missing fonts and ask for them to be replaced, that counts as changing the document.

The other possibility is that Ovation Pro's font mapping is active...

The lap top version seems to contain more fonts and RISC OS fonts, therefore it looks like the desktop version is that one that has been changed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

There is only one version of the document, residing on an external hard drive which can be accessed from both computers. In fact, I simply opened the document ... but made no changes to it using either machine. I will investigate whether font mapping is active.
--
C.B.