[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:36:19 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <47D547E2.2080205@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
I didn't know about UAC until MW pointed it out. Turning UAC off (and it took me a while to find it) cures the problem.

Yes, well done Martin.

I found the following web page which summarises the problems encountered with "World of Warcraft" due to writing to the programs folder and UAC. It is interesting if you want to know the technical details or how to get around the problem.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14650

Thanks. Having read it, I think I'll re-enable UAC.

You probably don't need to get around the problem because I will fix the applets that are going wrong (provisionally - Abbrev, FontList, Contents, Headings, Label).

Comforting to know.
--
C.B.