[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 21:53:17 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <47D2D5AB.9030403@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
Linotype, Vivaldi, Wide Latin). On the XP machine, Font List correctly reports:
Wide Latin
Times New Roman
Times New Roman Italic
Vivaldi Italic
Palatino Linotype
Times New Roman Bold

So that's my guess on Vista either some specific files are write protected or the whole applets folder is.

Thanks. That's the answer ... some files (e.g. the Lists.txt file in the Applets folder) are write-protected, unless you are logged on in Vista as Administrator. Up till now, I've been running OPW as another user. Logging on as Administrator seems to have solved the problem. But I'm still mystified as to where those font names came from ... presumably in the original download file?
--
C.B.