[bksvol-discuss] Re: feedback on how to protect headings such as chapter titles and short story titles

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:06:37 -0500

Hi Jamie,

The stripper is unpredictable.  I validated a couple of books leaving blank
lines before the chapter headings and the stripper removed the headings.
Now, when I put something on the line above the headings, such as spelling
Chapter out and then putting the number or title of the chapter on the next
line, the stripper left the number of the chapter, or the title of the
chapter, alone.  It seems to work best if there is something above the line
you want to be sure the stripper doesn't eat.

Hope that helps,

Sue S.