[bksvol-discuss] Re: feedback on how to protect headings such as chapter titles and short story titles

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:16:13 -0400

I agree with whoever said it's an old issue.
Blank lines do not protect headers. I find that putting a page number is the
best way to protect headers.
  Here's a tip from Jake's site that I wrote a while back.
  Title: Protecting Chapter titles and other headings

  Applicable Product/Version: All Programs - Any Version

  In order to protect chapter titles, and other section headings such as
prologue, epilogue, interlude, part, etc. from being removed by the stripping
tool,
  I found that the following works:
  1. If page numbers are at the top of the page, add the proper sequential page
number and leave a blank line between the number and the title you want to
  protect. If there already is a page number at the bottom of the page move it
to the top.
  2. In cases where all page numbers are at the bottom of the page, add the
title or author to the top of the page, followed by a blank line so that that
  page matches the format of the other pages.

  Submitted by Grace Pires