[bksvol-discuss] Re: feedback on how to protect headings such as chapter titles and short story titles

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 06:37:27 -0400

Dear E,

Your system sounds as if it would work. One blank line between the page number and chapter title is enough. According to the books I downloaded tonight 1 blank line before and after the page break, one between the page number and chapter head, and, for good measure, one between the chapter number or name and the text. You and I are on the same wave length about chapters indicated by a lone number. I add in the word chapter, or if they are extremely long I write part 1 or section 1.

You know with all of our practice, and dedicated, computer savvy people like grace, Evan Gerald and Jamie giving practically identical advice, and with the proof of our experience, we don't need the staff to spell out for us what we've already learned and what we do such a good job teaching to each other.

One thing I've noticed when scanning with K1000 is that when it scans irregularly formatted pages like copyright and title pages, it scatters the information around, often arranging phrases far apart and sometimes way off to the right.

Whatever is happening, you have your excellent validations sticking up for you. If you'd ever like to collaborate on fool proof chapter header protection, I'll be happy to compare title and copyright formats and contents pages, too if you want. Or, I can download a book you'd like looked at. Skimming someone else's book is way more interesting than checking my own. Besides you work on some interesting books. While checking it for format, I'm very likely to get hooked and have myself a great read!

Always with love,

Lissi