[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rich Text Format

  • From: bud schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:45:24 -0700

I have been sending my books in rtf lately converted from kes. I hope this is ok since that's what I thought I read that was more desirable. Now I'm confused, I didn't know there was a problem. Please advise.

Bud schwab
At 12:05 PM 7/5/2004, you wrote:
Hi, Folks,

I finished checking "Remember When" by Nora Roberts. But when I went to upload it, it said that I was not submitting rich text format. I saved it in Word as .rtf, so why isn't it rich text format?

I sent a message to Jesse, who asked me if the book had been originally a Kurzweil book converted to .rtf. I don't know, and can't remember the name of the person who submitted it. Apparently, they have had some problems with Kurzweil-converted books in the past. I forwarded the .rtf version to Jesse, so hopefully he can resolve it. I suggested changing it to a .txt file, then submitting it. No response about that yet. I think they prefer .rtf. Anybody else have two cents worth on this one?

- Jackie McCraw
Seattle, WA

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P