[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rich Text Format

  • From: bud schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:25:43 -0700

Hi Mary again.

As per your note I went to a book that I am reading and did the image and layout removal just for trying it out. In the past I have just scanned a book and then sent it on it's way without doing anything. Should I routinely do this before sending it and is there anything else I should be doing prior to uploading the book? Thanks for all the good info you have sent me in the past about various questions.

Bud

At 02:03 PM 7/5/2004, you wrote:
Hi Bud,
Yes, that's the best idea, send them in rtf. There are occasional problems with rtf files from K1000. If you get rid of images and layout info before converting the file to rtf, most files are ok. Every once in a while, for
whatever reason, there may still be a problem. Image and layout info removal items are found in the utilities submenu of the file menu of k1000.
Mary

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California