[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: So when I was browsing Bookshare I saw that...

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 23:41:02 -0500

Hi Cindy!

I think you could go to the advanced search and make sure that publisher quality books are selected and then check one of the checkboxes for a category you are interested in to get only publisher quality books.

I just tried it, and, interesting! I checked the category for cooking, food and wine. They were not all publisher quality, but the interesting part is that "Daniel's Dish: Entertaining at Home with a Four-Star Chef" has categories for it, and it's a publisher quality book, so I guess some are categorized.

Here's the link so you can read about it:

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/139316?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9zZWFyY2g9QWR2YW5jZWQgU2VhcmNoJmJvb2tzVG9TZWFyY2g9QUxMJmNhdGVnb3JpZXM9Q29va2luZywgRm9vZCBhbmQgV2luZSZzb3J0T3JkZXI9UkVMRVZBTkNFJmxhbmd1YWdlPUFMTCZxdWFsaXRpZXM9UFVCTElTSEVSJl9jYXRlZ29yaWVzPW9uJg%3D%3D

Debby

At 05:28 PM 5/13/2011, Cindy wrote
I've written to Scott and Carol to see if it's something I could do between proofing books, i.e. waiting for another to proof--or as a break while proofing. (I'm not sure how I'd find the PQ books; would a search or PQ find them, or would I put in the publisher's name in the publisher space as Myrie mentioned
Cindy