[bksvol-discuss] OT: So when I was browsing Bookshare I saw that...

  • From: "Nat Barrett" <hawaiianstar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 01:16:58 -1000

Hello,

I was wondering about something. And I didn't know where else to throw this out
except the volunteer list.

Anyway, just now I clicked on the new to collection page. I was surprised to
see quite a few publisher quality Harlequin books.

The thing is, I didn't remember seeing them earlier, when I cruised through the
romance category Thursday afternoon.

Thinking maybe they were recently added since the date of addition was
5/13/2011 and where I am it's only a little after 1 a.m. Friday morning as I
type this, I thought maybe it was very recent.

However, I clicked to browse the romance category again, and I was correct.
Those books I saw on the new to collection page were not listed in the romance
category. In fact, when I clicked on one of the books listed on the new to
collection page, they didn't have a category selected at all. Or at least, not
that I saw.

Is this a simple oversight or is there a reason for this? I'm just a little
confused because normally when I want a romance, I look at the romance category
page for new additions.

I'll work through this if this is the way. But I'm going to find it a little
more time consuming to check out what's done by Harlequin and what's a fiction
novel with heavy romantic influence. If that makes sense to everyone. Lol.

Thanks for listening to me ramble,
Natalie