[bksvol-discuss] Re: How to be a black belt validater?

  • From: "My Nickels Worth" <lavendar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:01:43 -0500

Those are good ideas, Cindy. I've been a volunteer since last February or
March, so although I feel really new, I suppose I'm somewhere in the
middle(smile).  I don't think you can be too picky, no.  One thing I do like
is the comments when a book I've validated doesn't make it to the accepted
queue.  It's good to know why, and what to fix to make it good to go.  Same
thing for rejections.

Caitlyn

From: lavendar@xxxxxxxxx
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:38:15 -0500

Actually, Monica, you make a good point about reading the entire book
through.  the manual doesn't say that you must do this as a validater.  I
must say, that the times that I did just even skim through the book, and
sort of "zoned out" while "reading", I missed some critical
things..so..yeah, reading each and every book you validate all the way
through is a good place to start!

Caitlyn