[bksvol-discuss] Re: How to be a black belt validater?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:30:17 -0500

Okay, here is an extra and keep in mind that this is an extra and I am
not actually requesting that anyone do this. When I am reading a book
with a synthetic voice I notice that there are occasional numbers
sprinkled throughout the text. There may be only a few in the case of
a novel when a character asks the price of an item for sale or
mentions how many miles it is to the next town or there may be a lot
in the case of a cookbook or most especially in the case of a math
textbook. In all cases, though, it is not necessarily always clear
when a page number is being read. To make this clear the validator who
wants to do something extra could add the word page before each page
number and then a phrase at the end of a page like, "how many miles is
it to the next town?" page 82 "About four," he answered, can be clear.