[bksvol-discuss] Re: How to be a black belt validater?

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:38:56 -0600

How to be a black belt validater?This is an excellent suggestion Kaitlyn.

I would like to see something about necessary tools and preferred tools.

For example, is ms word a necessary tool? or is Kurzweil preferred over
Openbook? Can a validator validate properly using only a notetaker?

I realize that this would be a difficult section because we all, obviously,
prefer the tools we have on hand, and the prices for adaptive technology
prohibit us from buying a whole new bunch of tools just because it seems that
these are the preferred method.

However, a person couldn't validate using only a text editor with a spell
checker because page numbers wouldn't be maintained. I suspect that most of the
early books into the collection were submitted using only a text editor.
However, if a new volunteer wanted to use a text editor to validate a book
they'd be out of luck.

Thanks.
Bob