[birdky] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Antonio Xeira <antonio.xeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joycefry1@xxxxxxxxx, "ddstriegel@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddstriegel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 19:40:12 +0000

I hiked the Sheltowee trace for 5 days (1st to 5th June), hiked all the
Tennessee part of it, and the YBC was a constant sound all the 5 days, with
1 or 2 birds per day, at some point with more than one bird at the same
spot singing. I don't know if that's common or not. Normally I go birding
around Lexington, and its uncommon to ear an YBC. It might be common at
such remote places.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 3:22 PM Joyce Fry <joycefry1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Same here on the Carolina wrens in northern Franklin Co and elsewhere. I
had just one yellow-billed cuckoo on my BBS in Washington Co. Not unusual.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2015, at 1:58 PM, Del Striegel <ddstriegel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, this year I have been hearing/seeing above normal yellow-billed
cuckoos on birding routes in Harrison-Crawford SF and O'Bannon Woods SP in
Indiana. However, I'm not hearing many carolina wrens?

Del Striegel
Georgetown, I N

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 18, 2015, at 10:21 AM, Logsdon, Charles (FW) <
Charles.Logsdon@xxxxxx> wrote:

Has anyone noticed an unusually large number of Yellow-billed cuckoos
this year. We just completed our PIF survey and had cuckoos (several of
the sites had multiples) at 10 of 12 sites. Typically we hear them on 1 or
2 sites. This morning I had 4 calling in one spot and multiples at the
front gate.

Charlie Logsdon

Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources

Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area

850 Otter Creek Park Road

Brandenburg KY 40108

(502)942-9171

"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot".
Aldo Leopold

"Life in the wild is more than eating berries in the sun." Gary Snyder

*Confidentiality Notice: *This e-mail message, including any attachment,
confidential information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact sender, by e-mail, and destroy al copies of the