[birdky] (no subject)

  • From: Marileetom@xxxxxxx
  • To: THOMPHOTO@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:23:52 EDT

Subj:    Possible visus
Date:   8/26/2003 3:56:55 PM Central Daylight Time
From:   marjflowers@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Marjorie Flowers)
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;

Unfortunately, a virus has been passed on to me by a contact. My address book
WAS infected.

Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance you will find it in
your computer too. My sincere apologies. The virus (called jdbgmgr.exec) is
not detected by Norton or McAfee antivirus systems. The virus sits quietly for
14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger
and by the address book, whether or not you sent e-mail to your contacts.

Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it:

YOU MUST DO THIS:

1. Go to start, Find or Search option.

2. In the file folder option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe

3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all subfolders and any other drives
you may have.

4. Click "find now"

5. The virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
IT!

6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to highlight the
file without opening it.

7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select "delete". It will then go to
the Recycle Bin.

8. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
BOOK (WHETHER YOU HAVE E-MAILED THEM OR NOT)

To do this:

a) Open a new e-mail message

b) Click the icon of the address book

c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC" (which means blind copy)

d) Copy this message and paste to e-mail

I have followed these directions sent by the person who sent the virus to me
and was able to easily delete the virus. Sorry for the inconvenience. Norton
definitely does not detect it. I loaded the very latest yesterday, ran a
complete scan, and nothing showed. Please accept my apology for the virus
getting by undetected.

Michelle Izzo

I followed these instructions and easily deleted the virus

Roy D. Salazar

I hope this is unnecessary, but with all the worms and viruses going around,
I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Truly sorry about the inconvenience.

Marjorie Flowers

From: "Marjorie Flowers" <marjflowers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: Possible visus