[birdky] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Joyce Fry <joycefry1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddstriegel@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddstriegel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:22:00 -0400

Same here on the Carolina wrens in northern Franklin Co and elsewhere. I had
just one yellow-billed cuckoo on my BBS in Washington Co. Not unusual.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2015, at 1:58 PM, Del Striegel <ddstriegel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, this year I have been hearing/seeing above normal yellow-billed cuckoos
on birding routes in Harrison-Crawford SF and O'Bannon Woods SP in Indiana.
However, I'm not hearing many carolina wrens?

Del Striegel
Georgetown, I N

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 18, 2015, at 10:21 AM, Logsdon, Charles (FW) <Charles.Logsdon@xxxxxx>
wrote:

Has anyone noticed an unusually large number of Yellow-billed cuckoos this
year. We just completed our PIF survey and had cuckoos (several of the
sites had multiples) at 10 of 12 sites. Typically we hear them on 1 or 2
sites. This morning I had 4 calling in one spot and multiples at the front
gate.

Charlie Logsdon
Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources
Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area
850 Otter Creek Park Road
Brandenburg KY 40108
(502)942-9171

"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot". Aldo
Leopold
"Life in the wild is more than eating berries in the sun." Gary Snyder

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachment, is
information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender,
by e-mail, and destroy al copies of the original message.