[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 01:24:10 +0100

Am 14.02.2012 20:37, schrieb János, Tóth F.:
What I don't like is that I can't use a ccmx file created with 6500K white
point and set the white to 5000K with that colorimeter and measure back ~5000K
with the spectro. The colorimeter reads 5000K when two spectros (which agree
nicely) say it's smething else (regardless if all the three agreed on 6500K -
using the ccmx made on 6500K for the colorimeter).

I guess you see an extraordinarily good agreement on 6500k, because the white patch is
heavily overweighted when creating the ccmx (-> see ccmx.c, line 352). So the good
agreement on the 6500k "white" is likely not at all representative for the average
agreement achieved by this ccmx, and maybe the generalization even suffers from enforcing a
better agreement for white. I'm also not sure whether the use of delta E CIE94 error metric
(in CIELAB space) may have impacts on the generalization to 5000k as well.

Best Regards,
Gerhard