[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Kristian Jörg <krjg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:22:47 +0100

Graeme Gill skrev 2012-02-01 10:46:
Kristian Jörg wrote:
If I understand correctly. The measurements of the particular display with a
spectrometer will give me a .edr/.ccss profile _for that display_.
The i1d3 meter is not part of those measurements. I.e the .edr/.ccss files could
be used for _any _colorimeter to help it calibrate a display better with respect
to how the human eye interprets the results. Is this correct?
Yes.
Finally. There is hope for me :)

In that case why do they claim that they have calibrated the individual i1d3
meters against each of the supported displays with the help of a reference
spectrometer. Something here is not making sense. Probably because I have still
not understood it all in depth...
Hence my remarks previously.
Yes, I understand what you mean now.

I think that what they have done is to measure the peak RGBW values for the i1d3 meter and the reference meter on the displays and then store both these values, or mayby only the diff in a file. Then for each measurement of the i1d3 meter when calibrating my display at home they apply that diff value to correct it. If not at 100% stimulus then you will have to calculate the diff value accordinn to some curve function. I guess is not linear which complicates things a bit. But at least at 100% stimulus the measurements + correction diff would be correct.

Or maybe they take measurments at 10% steps and store each and every RGBW value. That means 10 diff values for RGBW for every type of display. In that case they could use the diff value directly instead of going through a calculus with a curve function. If you see what I mean...

But if there is a standard scientifically correct way to combine display spectra profile to meter profile then that would of course have been the right way to solve this from the beginning. Maybe the author of CP didn't have the theoretic knowledge of how to approach this...? Thay should have hired you. :)

/Kristian