[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:08:36 +0100

Do you have CalMan and/ or Chromapure licence(s) or plan to buy one
with the sensor anyway?

They can't sell you OEM meters alone without unless you already have a
compatible software licence.

If you are considering to buy a meter + software package then I would
go for the CalMan bundle (not the custom C6) because CalMan is useful
for HDTVs and projectors while ArgyllCMS is better than the X-Rite
bundle software for PC displays (but won't be helpful with TVs...).

But if you don't want to calibrate TVs then CalMan is useless.

The retail X-Rite Pro is also compatible with CalMan (but not with
Chromapure), in case you don't want to decide about the softwares
right now...