[arachne] Re: User-friendliness or lack thereof in Arachne

  • From: Jason Dodd <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:21:30 -0600

Well, google's popup blocker works good for me. I get very, very few popups using it. Of course you need to run anti spyware/virus software but that's more a windows issue than browser. I don't use windows at home but I haven't had anyone report to me that the combination of the blocker, firewall, and antivirus software has let them down.

Eric S. Emerson wrote:

Hi Jason,
                    It may not be hard for you to "avoid popups,
trojans, and the like" , but it is for me and it would appear
most of the rest of the world, based on the nightly news,
when we TRY to run IE.  More time is spent rebooting
and avoiding mayhem than actually using IE.

Eric

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 05:37:29 -0600 Jason Dodd <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

snip <
But in my experience with friends and family tell me the same thing about IE, a simple popup blocker(e.g. google's) does the trick. I do prefer opera(free and adfree now), mozilla, or firefox to IE but it's not hard at all to use IE and avoid popups, trojans, and the like.

Jason Dodd

jasorn@xxxxxxxxx
618-917-4051

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --