[amayausers.com] Re: Cap Frames

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:07:00 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/964/2.html#000024

And Now For The Rest of The Story, as Paul Harvey use to say....

Now you have given some info....Flex Fits, the cap band is elastic and
stretches. These are some of the more difficult caps to deal with and the cap
band , because of the way it is sewn into the cap, isn't as wide and great care
has to be exercised in getting the cap hooped as tightly as possible by ironing
out the face of the cap as Herb demonstrates in the video. There is a great
temptation to bend that bill back and try to expose more of the capband, trying
to get a deeper bite on the band with the frame teeth but you will quickly get
past the DMZ and into the battle zone by doing so.

Sometimes, two layers of backing helps, sometimes and I am biting my tongue to
say this, but a bit of sticky spray between the backing and the elastic band
can help with the problem. Most of the ladies don't have the strength in their
hands to hoop some of these caps tight enough and every little trick may
help....

Flex fits....I don't like to embroidery on them, I can do it with the WACF
style, but usually I will revert back to the old Melco CCF/WAD frame to do
these.