[amayausers.com] Re: Cap Frames

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 05:52:50 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/964/2.html#000020

Dan,
I guess you can go by your "formula".  If that works for you, then more power
to ya'.

Personally, I can think of two ways to determine the maximum sewing height on a
particular cap...

1) Hoop the cap, place on machine, then hit the trace function.  If the cap
looks like the underside is getting hit by the leading edge of the needleplate
during it's tracing, then you are sewing a design that is too tall.  The cap
should be able to all the way around the perimeter of the design with the cap
sliding smoothly across the needleplate.

OR.....  You can do the more popular choice...

2) Always make sure your cap designs don't exceed 2" in height.  This way you
know it really won't matter what style cap you'll choose to sew because you
will know in advance that the design should fit.  If you choose to make it a
little larger (say 2.25") because you believe it will fit the cap you're
working with, then let that be your choice and not the customer's.
Besides, if you go any larger than this, personally, I think the design is
going to look a little silly on the front of a cap because it will look too
large.  Again, my personal opinion and each cap/design combo will vary.

Most popular caps today don't have the high profile front (like in the old
days) so the real estate you'll have to sew on will be limited.

Ed