[access-uk] Re: Telephone Issues

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:25:44 +0100

Just to add to my last message here on this thread, I've found the relevant BT
webpage on BT Privacy which I am pasting below.

Worth mentioning, maybe, that you can take up BT's anonymous call barring
system which can be turned on and off, although this isn't a cost free option.
Steve Nutt and others will tell you too that there are one or two phones now
with talking ID display which, if a VI person is going to take advantage of BT
Privacy, they may well need.
HTH.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

Afraid the URL for this site is rather too long to paste in here, but the page
is easy to find on Google.
What's the benefit?
BT Privacy at Home** gives you more control over incoming calls. It includes
Caller Display?, which could let you see the number of the person that's
calling, so you can decide whether to pick up or leave it to your answering
service. This package also allows you to register at the same time with the
Telephone Preference Service.

How does it work?
Caller Display lets you see the number that's calling, unless it's withheld or
unavailable. To use this service you'll need either a phone with a screen or a
Caller Display unit. BT have some great discounts on compatible phones, with up
to £40 off.