[access-uk] Re: Telephone Issues

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:08:40 +0100

Hi Damon

> don't forget that many legitimate companies withhold their number too.
>I work for the BBC and am always rather fed up when I call somebody and
>can't get hold of them because they have this 'reject withheld number'
>option on their phone. Very annoying.

I suggest it's down to the company and or organisation to have its
telecommunications set up correctly.

In the case of BBC  you should be able to use 1470 to override the number
withheld  on a call by call basis.

And I do also hope BBC is set up to use 18002 access code for communication
with deaf  customers via Typetalk.

  Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx