[access-uk] Re: Telephone Issues

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:00:51 +0100

Well if companies want to withhold their numbers that's their problem, I think it's sick and that no ligitimate company shold do it. I'd rather companies be annoied if they can't get hold of me rather than me being invaded with those annoying sales phone calls. I sometimes get 3/4 a day? I have already signed up for phone preferentual or whatever it's called service. I tried to complain to them, but it doesn't get me anywhere, their usuall reactions are that either the company it self haven't signed up for it, so they can't do much about it, or that they can't do anything if I don't have a phone number of a company, which is dumb because, as most of us know, most of them withhold their number. I think that rejectiong anonimous calls is not perfect, but it's the best solution at the moment. I think the best solution would be though if our telecom companies, especially BT, would adopt system like in US where if number is withheald, a caller gets a automated prompt where by they have to say their name, then they're put on hold while the recepiant's phone rings, they're given person's name or rhather what ever was recorded wwhen they were asked to have their name recorded, then a recepiant has a choice to answer the call or put it through voicemail if one is available. I know that someone offers similar service, but you have to sign up for 1 of those 07 or 0871 personal numbers, but I think this sort of solution should be applied to normal residential numbers.
Vanja
MSN messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: vanja121
Skype: vanja121