[Wittrs] Re: My Chinese Encyclopedia: The Red Chicken Footnote

  • From: "gabuddabout" <gabuddabout@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 20:45:39 -0000

Stuart writes:

"I am a retired bureaucrat who studied philosophy in his youth with an emphasis
on Wittgenstein. I currently write a bit."

Hi Stuart,

Don't get me wrong what with all the schmucky name-calling on my part--let's
treat that sort of thing like one is being insulted by Don Rickles, who likes
the hockey pucks he pokes pies at.

Familiar with  A. J. Ayers' _Wittgenstein_?

There's also a very good article by Fodor ("The Revenge of the Given") found in
_Contemporary Debates in Philosophy of Mind_, 2007.

Cheers,
Budd