[Wittrs] Re: My Chinese Encyclopedia: The Red Chicken Footnote

  • From: "College Dropout John O'Connor" <sixminuteabs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:17:42 -0400

You can look into W's argument for there being nothing outside of logic, for
then we would have to think illogically, etc.

I mean, if we aint logical, then we are all ... well, could anything even be
said if that were the case?

314.  Here we come up against a remarkable and characteristic phenomenon in
philosophical investigation:  the difficulty-- I might say-- is not that of
finding the solution but rather that of recognizing as the solution something
that looks as if it were only preliminary to it.  "We have already said
everything.-- Not anything that follows from this, no, this itself is the
solution!"
  This is connected, I believe, with our wrongly expecting an explanation,
whereas the solution of the difficulty is a description, if we give it the
right place in our considerations.  If we dwell upon it, and do not try to get
beyond it.
  The difficulty here is: to stop.

-LW, Zettel

What is the difference between [1 2 3] and [1 2 3 ...]?

And of the "Wittgenstein paradox" of the PI?

And that you insist that "a+b=c" is true and not false (and do not care to
recognize it as nonsense to even say of it)?
--
He lived a wonderful life.