[Wittrs] Re: Linguistic Behavior: Allegations of Fallacy

  • From: "Cayuse" <z.z7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:39:34 -0000

Joseph Polanik wrote:
Cayuse wrote:
So your claim that "nothing unreal experiences"
says even less than I was giving it credit for.

I intended it to say as little as possible without actually saying
nothing at all;

But you ended up saying nothing at all.

nevertheless, it says more than you can refute.

Why should I wish to refute a statement that says nothing at all?

you say that there is experience; and, I agree.

do you say 'there is experiencing' or do you say 'there is no
experiencing'?

It doesn't matter to me whether I say "there is experience" or "there is experiencing". My claim would remain the same -- the argument "there is experiencing, therefore there is an experiencer" is not logically sound.