[Wittrs] Re: Linguistic Behavior: Allegations of Fallacy

  • From: "Cayuse" <z.z7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:00:01 -0000

Joseph Polanik wrote:
Cayuse wrote:
It doesn't matter to me whether I say "there is experience" or "there
is experiencing". My claim would remain the same -- the argument
"there is experiencing, therefore there is an experiencer" is not
logically sound.
<snip>
so, here is the question that challenges your claim that the argument
'there is experiencing, therefore there is an experiencer' is
logically unsound: how is it possible that there is an experience of
an afterimage when nothing is experiencing that afterimage?

The after-image is part of the data of experience.
There is no requirement to postulate an "experiencer" of that data.