[Wittrs] Linguistic Behavior: Allegations of Fallacy

  • From: Joseph Polanik <jpolanik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 02:07:39 -0500

Cayuse wrote:

>Joseph Polanik wrote:

>>Cayuse wrote:

>>>It doesn't matter to me whether I say "there is experience" or "there
>>>is experiencing". My claim would remain the same -- the argument
>>>"there is experiencing, therefore there is an experiencer" is not
>>>logically sound.

>>so, here is the question that challenges your claim that the argument
>>'there is experiencing, therefore there is an experiencer' is
>>logically unsound: how is it possible that there is an experience of
>>an afterimage when nothing is experiencing that afterimage?

>The after-image is part of the data of experience. There is no
>requirement to postulate an "experiencer" of that data.

in order to maintain the posturing that you have a rational argument you
are required to answer the obvious question: given the fact that you've
admitted (that there is experiencing), is there something that is
experiencing or is there nothing that is experiencing?

it must be one or the other; so, pick your poison; or, fold up your
tent.

Joe