[Wittrs] Re: Linguistic Behavior: Allegations of Fallacy

  • From: "Cayuse" <z.z7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:10:46 -0000

Joseph Polanik wrote:
Cayuse wrote:
"There is something that experiences". There is a problem here
stemming from the linguistically grounded misconception that "I
experience, therefore I am the experiencer". Once this invalid
argument is relinquished, there is no longer any need to posit a
"something" that experiences -- all we are left with is the
unproblematic statement that "there is experience".

it sounds like you are saying that 'there is experience; therefore,
there is an experiencer' is fallacious because (according to you) 'I experience; therefore, I am an experiencer' is invalid.

that's a non-sequitor.

Are you saying there is something that experiences, but it's not you?