[Wittrs] I Experience Self-Referencing

  • From: Joseph Polanik <jpolanik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:00:11 -0400

Cayuse wrote:

>Joseph Polanik wrote:

>>Cayuse wrote:

>>>Your claim expands to "there is an 'I' that experiences the data
>>>of experience",

>>my claim, as *I* expand it, becomes: I am the referent of 'I'
>>whenever I assert 'I experience'.

>So you're claiming that there is *no* 'I' that experiences the data of
>experience, and you are that 'I'?

my claim is that I experience; and, that I am the referent of the word
'I' that I use whenever I assert 'I experience'.

I do not use your phrase 'the data of experience'. it seems redundant;
and, its meaning is unclear. you've never explained how the experiences
within a stream of experiences count as data.

Joe