[Wittrs] I Experience a Common Speech Pattern (Correction)

  • From: Joseph Polanik <jpolanik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:09:33 -0400

Correction: the last clause of my first sentence should read: it does
not follow that there is no evidence that 'I experience' is true.

Joe

Joseph Polanik wrote:
Cayuse wrote:

 >Joseph Polanik wrote:

 >>similarly, if your only evidence that the claim 'I experience' is
 >>neither true nor false is the fact that you say so; then, you've got
 >>no evidence at all.

 >Correct! -- you can have no evidence for your argument since
 >experience is non-empirical.

I agree that experience is not an empirical or measurable phenomenon;
but, it does not follow that there is no evidence that 'I experience' is
false.

my experience is all the evidence I need to conclude that 'I experience'
is true.

[NB: this post delayed by the quotation policy. my bad.]