[Wittrs] Re: I Experience Self-Referencing

  • From: "Cayuse" <z.z7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 06:46:56 -0000

Joseph Polanik wrote:
one of the differences is that you have 'I' in quotes so that when
you interpret my position as "there is an 'I' that experiences the
data of experience" you are literally saying that the word 'I'
experiences the data of experience.

"Cayuse" wrote:
I can't make any sense of your interpretation that a word can
experience the data of experience.

BruceD wrote:
Try thinking of the referent for the word "I."

Joe's criticism pertained to the word and not its referent.
I can't make any sense of that criticism.

Regarding the referent for the word "I", that would be the physical organism, and the claim that the physical organism "experiences the data of experience" is one that has no application when language is performing properly. It is an example of language idling, or going on holiday.