[Wittrs] Re: I Experience Self-Referencing

  • From: "Cayuse" <z.z7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:22:11 -0000

Cayuse wrote:
Your claim expands to "there is an 'I' that experiences the data
of experience",

Joseph Polanik replied:
***  not when I do the expanding, it doesn't. ***
my claim, as *I* expand it, becomes: I am the referent of 'I'
whenever I assert 'I experience'.

Cayuse replied:
So you're claiming that there is *no* 'I' that experiences the data
of experience, and you are that 'I'?

Joseph Polanik replied:
my claim is that I experience; and, that I am the referent of the word
'I' that I use whenever I assert 'I experience'.

Sneaky ... you omitted the line to which I was replying (re-inserted above and identified by triple asterisks).

Joseph Polanik wrote:
I do not use your phrase 'the data of experience'. it seems redundant;
and, its meaning is unclear. you've never explained how the
experiences within a stream of experiences count as data.

If you dislike the word 'data' then feel free to replace it with something
you feel is more appropriate. Some call it the "contents of experience",
but the word 'contents' can also be criticized. Whatever word you wish to employ, I'm fairly confident that the meaning is not obscure to you, especially since you acknowledge that the stream of experience consists of what you call "experiences" (plural).