[Wittrs] I Experience Self-Referencing

  • From: Joseph Polanik <jpolanik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 18:57:00 -0500

Cayuse wrote:

>Joseph Polanik wrote:

>>is there anything at all in your mereological speculations that
>>indicates to you that 'I experience' is false?

>Your claim expands to "there is an 'I' that experiences the data of
>experience",

not when I do the expanding, it doesn't.

my claim, as *I* expand it, becomes: I am the referent of 'I' whenever
I assert 'I experience'.

>where this putative "experiencer" makes no appearance in the data of
>experience,

I don't know about you; but I appear within my stream of experiences;
and, as evidence, there is self-referencing.

I am the referent of 'I' whenever I assert 'I am self-referencing';
consequently, I am in fact self-referencing whenever I assert 'I am
self-referencing'.

whatever would make you think otherwise?

can you assert 'I am not self-referencing' without thereby performing a
self-reference?