[vicsireland] Re: Nokia Text To Speech

  • From: "Darragh Ó Héiligh" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 16:05:05 +0100

Sorry about that last message. this auto forms mode feature has a mind
of it's own at times!

Tony, Unless I'm vastly mistaken, Nokia TTS is not in competition with
Talks. Could you point out where you've read that?  as stated clearly
in my previous message, a text to speech synthesizer is nothing but a
component waiting for software to drive it. Unless something tells it
what to speak it's not going to speak.

I think I answered your question fully in my last message however, if
I'm incorrect and for some reason Nokia have decided to compeet with
Talks, I'd be very interested to know where you've heard this.

Darragh
www.digitaldarragh.com