[vicsireland] Re: Nokia Text To Speech

  • From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:38:56 +0100

Darragh,

I would have outlined what you just described in accessing Nokia TTS in the
Installations folder with Talks in an earlier post to this list!

I was then and now wondering if Nokia TTS can be heard without having Talks
installed?

Surely Nokia TTS is separate from Talks!

One would think that they are separate and indeed competitors!

I also wrote that I would only want Nokia TTS (without Talks) for my second
phone which is on a different price plan and that would really be a spare or
maybe only used on occasion and maybe mainly for incoming calls or text
messages.

I have Talks on my main phone and it is great but for me to get Talks on my
second phone the cost to me would be ?199 minus the ATAG!

The phone in question was only ?160!

I really would like to hear back from Stuart or anyone who uses the Nokia
TTS with the E51.

There is also 'voice aid and 'message Reader which aren't much of a help
(certainly to me)!

Now perhaps that Nuance Talks are in league with Nokia so if one has to have
Talks installed to get TTS then it is a non-runner for me at any rate!

Tony.