(VICT) Re: Zair

  • From: "Tamara Smith-Kinney" <tamara.8024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 12:41:12 -0700

Well said, Christy!

Ah, and I am guilty, guilty, guilty.  Sometimes I feel like I have to =
follow
myself around with a big club to keep myself in line.  /smile/  When I =
go
back and digest every day with my curly girl and debrief myself and =
analyze
everything that went right or wrong and how I need to do things better
tomorrow, so many people will tell me reassuringly that I shouldn't beat
myself up over it...

In training, at least, I believe one needs some brutal self-honesty for =
the
sake of the dog and for your own sake the next day, or the next month, =
or 2
years down the line when the mistake you made could come back to bite =
you --
or, worse, your hard-working trainee.

And when I succeed at zenning out my drive for perfection, it all goes =
so
much better and Mitzi can just grow and learn and show me how incredible =
she
is.

As they say:  Praise the dog; beat the handler.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney