(VICT) Re: Zair

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 14:46:12 -0700

Sandy,

For what it is worth and if it helps anyone, even when we don't do the
training ourselves, breaking in a new dog to serve as a guide is just plain
old hard. I have a perfectly briliant dog who is going to do just fine, but
we have had one of those bumpy weeks. The bumps are not just tough, they are
exhausting, and it is a bit of a roller coaster no matter how we cut it. It
is just that we have to keep on going out there and trying to  either teach
them from scratch or finish teaching what it is we need, and the plain old
fact of it is, it isn't for sissies.

Truth be told for me this week, I was just about ready to give up. I know it
will get better, but it is so intense, especially, when life needs to go on
whether the team has its stuffing together or not.

Dianne, Hibiscus, and Primrose