(VICT) Re: Aggression towards People

  • From: "Ridge Euler" <ridge_e@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 07:23:48 -0600

Roxi, I agree with you about corrections and that kind of training on this list
is not appropriate.
I have had three reactive dogs and they all have had to be retired from service
work.  two are just wonderful family pets and the third is being trained for
drug detection work.  corrections make things worse in my experience.  c/t'ing
for wanted behavior is what seems to work best.  the husband could be doing
something to the dog and causing it to generalize with all men.  there could be
a lot of things going on but it just sounds like the dog is stressed out and
maybe not able to be a guide dog.  is she owner training or is this dog from a
program??

Ridge and Clyde SDiT