(VICT) Re: Aggression towards People

  • From: "kitty hevener" <khevener@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:31:12 -0800

Hi Sharonda, Glad to hear you are so willing to help your friend resolve
this issue.  Right now, I have more questions than answers for you.  But,
hopefully some of your answers will give me an idea of some things you can
try.  Also, there are many people on this list who are far better at
applying positive training methods to this situation.  Hopefully you will
hear from them as well.

I am wondering what techniques you have used to help her deal with this
issue.  Example, r u using positive training methods or is the dog getting
punished whenever it shows aggression?  Have you been able to find a pattern
or specific situation that sets the dog off?  Example, does it react to men
with beards, long hair, men carrying objects, etc?  How long have the dog
and handler been together?  Has this always been an issue or did something
happen to potentially trigger it?