[uae] Re: e-uae 1.6.10 wip [sound]

  • From: Lex Landa <brooknet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:07:45 +0100

Fabien Meghazi wrote:

Got some sound issues with puaex on my laptop (ubuntu 9.04 - 2Ghz dual core).
I don't have this issue with E-uae.
When sound is activated, the scrollings are choppy. When the sound is
disabled or "disabled but emulated", the scrollings are super smooth
(maybe even too fast compared to the original - have to check that).

The same thing happens with my Ubuntu 'Jaunty' system (Athlon 64-3200+, 2GB RAM, Nvidia card). I have had many issues with PulseAudio and have not been able to disable it entirely. AFAIK, PulseAudio adds latency and this causes audio underruns. Using PA always adds some negative effect, but I'm not going to start griping about it or this mail will go on for years..

If I disable audio with the old E-UAE (0.8.29-WIP4), the demo continues to run at normal speed. If I do that with puaex, everything speeds up and the demo text races across the screen.

L.