[uae] Re: e-uae 1.6.10 wip [sound]

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:57:46 +0300

On Mi, 21 Okt 2009, Fabien Meghazi wrote:

> According to Tosec, there's a 1991 (2 disks) and 1992 (1 disk) version
> of Global Trash from Silents.
> I have both and I confirm they are different.
> Would you like me to put you the three disks available along with the
> first one ?

No, but thanks...

My disk copy is one of the originals uploaded to BBS's back in 1991, as I
downloaded it then.  The version I have is an ADF I made myself.

[SIDELINE] I don't use TOSEC and I would encourage you not to as well.  The
demo itself is available many, many places as uploaded BY THOSE WHO MADE IT.
Aminet, Amiga Demoscene Archive, scene.org ...  TOSEC just... let's just leave
it that I do not approve of TOSEC, and I'll avoid spewing venom and bile all
over the list.

HOWEVER - as I'm VERY glad you're using a _demo_ to test, I'll just suggest
someone get your copy.  I was mostly wondering WHY you had a 2 disk version.
(I'm going to guess someone mislabeled Hardwired, TOSEC has issues with that a
lot... ok I said I woudln't spew bile.)

That said, I've only had that stuttering problem on Intel machines, not ppc,
and I'm on ppc now, so I'm not sure I can help.  (Also I'm in the process of
testing compilation of puae on ppc, so.)  I've _always_ had better sound from
PPC machines.  I do NOT know why.  I just happen to have a lot of ppc machines,
and this made me happy as I needed good, solid sound playback for testing of
the democoding.

I'm just wondering, in the plasma portion, does it REALLY get bad?  And the
last 3d object (the space station.)

(the last 2 screenshots here: http://ada.untergrund.net/?p=demo&i=158 )