[triadtechtalk] Re: This...& WIN XP

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:15:19 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/2001 2:53:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
RPRKOCVGGPED@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

especially games and older Win9x software

David..... sorry about the m,isinfo you got about older windos(x programs....
there is a major flaw there... you will get a warning that the program may
not work.. and just about  many a time it wint work... and just about most
win95 stuff dies with win xp... and the driver thing is a big thing.. need
the latest you can get... and there are a bunch of the cheapie cards out
there that wont even load their drivers... yes it has a lot of drivers
inculded and MS wants to be the one to have the updates to the drivers for
any and all .... you should read about the recommended system to operate this
OS ... it would require a consumer machine prioced to start about $2600 if
the manufacturer follows all of MS wants for this system to operate the way
MS wants it to... and then MS will control what you do with it,when and
how..... to me.. am going the way of IBM... LINUX... dont like the idea of
that.. but..... has to be better than this mess is going to be... try
contacting some IT folks down under and see what they have to say as they are
getting the prelude of what we here in the states will be seeing
shortly...... Chuck.. in OK