[triadtechtalk] Re: This...& WIN XP

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:19:37 EDT

In a message dated 9/5/2001 1:54:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

a minor annoyance so long as a phone is readily
available when it happens!

when is it minor when you have to pay for a call and are on hold for at least
30 or 40 minutes and then when the tech comes on now begin pleading about how
you changed your hard drive to a new one and also replaced the cpu with a
faster on and also decdided to stuff in a new vidoe card and sound card since
you got a bonus check in the mail and said heck with it will alos just get me
that new super speed cd rom... and add some memory.. and the tech tells you
shooo we hear the same story every day form people like you... to us it sure
looks like this is a new pc so better go buy another copy of WINXP at $200 a
copy....can spend a few hours telling you of my experiments in this area...
as I now have 4 machines... and attemped to manuevr some components around
form 2 machines that are identical except one didnt have xp on it... so
traded vidoeand sound cards.. hard drive and cd rom and cpu.... just took
them and replaced form one to the other..... and it was a no go...... took me
about 45 minutes to make my explanations aboout how and why I did this and
finally was given a new number.. now have to keep that setup until I decide
to make other changes in that machine....and I am not the only person who has
been testing this flavor who has done just about the same thing to see what
the results have been... but we all have concluded that after the offical
release it will be even more tighter to get approval since the test versions
all expire within 180 days of installation.. in other words they wont work
anymore since they have encyrptation to render them usueless takes a full new
clean install with the officla release candidate cant simply update it......
this one is going to be a fun one ... and belive me if you have problems now
withg your machine you sure aint seen nothing yet... nowheres near what you
may have ever experienced in PC problems... aint no way simply going to just
pop up on your pc.. if you have driver problems now you aint seen nothing....
so word to the wise if you are contemplating this latest and greatest...
better start searching for updated winxp drivers for all your system
parts..and I do mean ALL componenets that have drivers.... and thye are far
and few between:also your program updates as many a program wont work under
it..... forget any win95 stuff you may have as they will not   . I know for
sure. as I had to do it... believe me.. this is no sweet candy plug and play
thing unless you have a perfect base to install it on..... Chuck.... in OK